Perilous Times and Perilous Men
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be:
- Lovers of their own selves
- Disobedient to parents
- Without natural affection
- False accusers
- Despisers of those that are good
- Lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God
- Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof
From such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
- 2 Timothy 3:1-9 (KJV)